Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Reading struggle

As many of you know i had eye surgeries on both eyes and for whatever reason when my eyes healed a spiderweb kke fluid built up behind my toric lenses causing me a great deal of trouble being able to read when i read books i have to use reading glasses and a magnifying glass.  This poem is about my struggle.


pages, words, black and white
texts, ever shrinking
distortion, text swims
Desperately wanting to read
light messing with
my gaze
I once read and devoured books
Now i struggle with just one page
Magnification glass causing
my imminent frustration
I want to read
spiderweb of fluid is
maddeningly thwarting me
I cover my eyes
People don't understand
the strain
I'm not in pain
Not being able to read
goes against every fiber
in my ingrained brain
Black and white
in specks
Grr i feel trapped in mazes
I'm not illiterate but
a little fluid has rendered
me agitated
I love to read
my passion has been abated
Like Rowdy Roddy Piper's
fingers to the eyes
or X-Force's Cable I feel
like someone
has gone and said
"Stab his eyes!"
I want to read
and be transported
away by beautiful
words on a page
frustrate me no more
Doctor assist me i implore
Fix my eyesight
with a laser's might
grant reading right
to this Psycho Knight


No comments:

Post a Comment