Friday, August 7, 2015

Writer's Triangle

This is a poem I wrote about not being able to write.  To me it’s not writer’s block it’s more like a triangle and you’re going in a steady line for a while and just get stuck at points.  There’s a lot of references in this I hope you as a reader catch them.

Writer’s Triangle

Words they fall like syrup
Dripping from a waffle
Thoughts like a bird akin to vertical take-off landing
Right angles, not Kurt Angle
Stuck at points on a triangle
I had momentum till that point
So many thoughts need
Pouring out like sprinkles on a child’s ice cream cone
However my sprinkled words
Took flight like a flightless bird
Damn you penguin
Isosceles does not belong in a
Writer’s triangle lost my place
In Bermuda shorts
My thoughts locked up in quartz
Bejewelled and blitzed
Stuck in a paddleboat
Listening to the band Styx
Stuck on points of a triangle
Not a block or a hectagon
No my thoughts
Like a weird
Fractured fabled polygon
More weird angles and tangents
Than an early Laura Croft drawing
As strange as a Rainbow Brite hoodie
This triangle left me feeling not goody
Caffeine riddled brain
Losing my thoughts
Dang it’s a pain
Up one side
Sliding down another
You write anything
Hoping to find a buffet of more
Selling this Writer’s Triangle
Like a mid-card wrestler
Needing a great angle
Why is my brain at a stump
This cartoon commercial
Came with a video bump
I need an idea dump
To get out of this slump
I need more thoughts
Hey look a robot
Polar bear dogs
Don’t belong in my story
But a damsel not in distress
Hey nice dress
Now that might start some writing glory
Hey buddy can you get me off
This redundant triangle
Because I’m writing nothing
Just to be able to write something


No comments:

Post a Comment